Monday, March 23, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (TTT, #28)


 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.



This week's post is:

Top 10 Books From My Childhood 
That I Would Like to Revisit

In no particular order...

These are the books/series and authors that I absolutely loved as a child. Most of these are books I read in elementary school before those dreaded pre- teen years.

1. A Series of Unfortunate Events
 The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1)The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2)The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3)The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)

2. Judy Blume
Freckle JuiceForeverAre You There God? It's Me, Margaret

3. Horrible Harry Series
Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #2)Horrible Harry and the Ant InvasionHorrible Harry and the Christmas SurpriseHorrible Harry and the Green Slime

4. Molly Moon Series
Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1)Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2)Molly Moon's Hypnotic Time Travel Adventure (Molly Moon, #3)

5. Beverly Cleary
Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)Henry Huggins (Henry Huggins, #1)The Mouse and the Motorcycle (Ralph S. Mouse, #1)

6. Rohl Dahl
 MatildaCharlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket, #1)The BFGJames and the Giant Peach

7. Wayside School Series and Holes
 Sideways Stories from Wayside School (Wayside School #1)Wayside School Is Falling Down (Wayside School #2)Holes

8. Little House on the Prairie Series
 Little House in the Big Woods (Little House, #1)Little House on the Prairie (Little House, #2)Farmer Boy (Little House, #3)On the Banks of Plum Creek (Little House, #4)

9. The Clique Series
 The Clique (The Clique, #1)Best Friends for Never (The Clique, #2)Revenge of the Wannabes (The Clique, #3)

10. Dr. Seuss
 Green Eggs and HamThe Cat in the HatHow the Grinch Stole Christmas!Oh, The Places You'll Go!

What Are Your Picks?

14 comments:

  1. Great list! :) I also adore Judy Blume, Lemony Snicket, Roald Dahl, and Laura Ingalls Wilder! I have so many memories of reading as a child; these books take me back in time! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes SO many memories from these books! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for Roald Dahl and Dr. Seuss!!!! I found out there will be a Dr. Seuss museum in MA next year. super excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo that museum sounds amazing, I'll have to look into that when I go on vacation!

      Delete
  3. I adored Judy Blume, Laura Wilder and Beverly Cleary too. Must revisit them! Ahh, to many books, to little time. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I never have all the time I want to read ALL the books :) thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. Wow! You have read more Roald Dahl books than I! I really loved his books when I was younger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes when I was younger I would check his books out at LEAST two at a time from the library! They were great! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I loved The Clique series so so much! I kind of loved to hate all those girls haha. A Series of Unfortunate Events was one of my favorite series but only 7 books got translated to Hungarian so I wasn't able to read the rest as a child and now I'm not that interested. The same goes for Molly Moon, only the first book was translated but I adored it so much, if I remember right it has a closed ending so I never even knew it has sequels until I joined Goodreads a few years ago.
    Awesome list. :)

    Veronika @ Reading Is Dreaming With Open Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's terrible that all of those didn't get translated! And yes me too, as a kid I sometimes would just pick the books up as I saw them so I didn't get to finish every series either. I actually remember reading Molly Moon out of order haha, but I don't think it mattered! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  6. YES to A Series of Unfortunate Events and the Roald Dahl books - those were on my list too! I loved the Molly Moon books too! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYY! Glad you enjoyed them too, they were great books! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!

      Delete
  7. Aw, great list! I did read the occasional Beverly Cleary book (definitely Ramona!) and a few Judy Blume too. And I always wanted to give Little House a try but never really got around to it!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume, they were some of my absolute favorites. And the Little House books were fast reads for me as a child, I flew through most of them! Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!

      Delete

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!