Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys, #2)


 The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys, #2)

 Author:Abbi Glines
Series: The Vincent Boys, #2
Pages: 279
Challenge: Goodreads Challenge 2014, 2014 Book Bingo Challenge
Genre: New Adult
Acquired: Bought
Rating: ★★★


*****

Goodreads Summary:

Hot romance is the cure for heartbreak in this sequel to The Vincent Boys.

Getting a boy to fall head-over-heels in love with you isn't easy. Especially when he's been in love with your cousin for as long as you can remember.

Lana has lived her life in her cousin's shadow. Ashton always made perfect grades, had tons of friends, and looks model-perfect. And she's always had Sawyer Vincent, the only boy Lana's ever wanted wrapped around her finger. But now things are different. Lana has a chance to make Sawyer see her, and she's taking it. If only he'd get over Ashton because Lana is sick of second-best.

Sawyer's heart is broken. He's lost his best girl to his best friend. And then Lana comes to town. Ashton's cousin has always been sweet and soft-spoken, but now she's drop-dead gorgeous as well. Sawyer doesn't know if Lana can heal his broken heart, but spending time with her might at least make Ashton jealous.

What starts as a carefree fling becomes a lusty game of seduction. Sawyer and Lana may have different motives, but their scintillating hookups are the same kind of steamy. . . .

  *****

 My Thoughts:

BTW: I actually read this book first despite it being the 2nd in the duology. Story of My Life: I would read the books out of order on accident! Anyway: for those curious, I have know read both books and I don't think the order matters, in case any want to read the 2nd first!

When Lana McDaniel decides to spend the summer with her cousin Ashton, it's not because she misses her cousin terribly, it's all because of one Vincent brother in particular. Sawyer Vincent. When Ashton and Sawyer break up, Lana sees this as her chance to finally get noticed. Little does Lana know, winning the heart of this Vincent brother isn't as easy as she may think.

Told in the main POVs of Lana and Sawyer, we as readers get to see both sides of their story. I really liked Lana's character, her personality, humor, and intelligence were all great aspects. My only dislike with Lana would be that she decided to change her entire appearance to get a guy to notice her.... This really rubbed me the wrong way. I would have much preferred if that choice was more personal and for herself.

Now on to some of the other characters, I also obviously loved Sawyer. He was the perfect guy in literally just about every way! Always polite, humble, and considerate, he was my favorite. Although he had his own issues and slip-ups, I still found myself rooting for him and wishing for his happiness.

With this being my first New Adult novel, I think it was a good start! I didn't know what to expect from trying out this new genre, but I wasn't disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

My favorite scenes were when Sawyer and Lana were just warming up to each other again and also the boat scene and field party scenes were among my favorites. I liked most the scene with Beau, Sawyer, and their dad. I waited on that scene ever since it was first mentioned in the book, and I was pleased with it! Heart- warming and great! :)

I liked least how their friend Ethan ended up in all of this. I feel like he didn't win at anything in this book and it wasn't his fault. He definitely deserves to win! I rooting for you Ethan!! <3

This was a light read, and I felt that it was a the perfect book to get my first taste of New Adult! I am definitely looking forward to reading Beau and Ashton's story in The Vincent Boys (Book 1).

Cover: 6/10
Rating: 4/5 I really enjoyed it! Plan to read more Abbi Glines soon!

I would recommend this to those who want to try New Adult and are not sure where to start!

Book 1: The Vincent Boys



If you have read this book, let me know your thoughts below!!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!