Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (TTT, #9)


 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's post is:

Top Ten Blogging/Bookish Confessions

1. I suck at reading my own books. For some reason I neglect them because I feel that I will always have them so I can read them later... or not in my case. My ratio is probably along the lines of reading 1 of my books to every 10 library books I check out.

2.Along those same lines, I check out way more library books than I need or can read at a time. With me being a college student I don't have all the funds to buy ALL OF THE BOOKS... or really any of the books so the library has been my long lost friend recently. 

3.Writing reviews.... oh... that's a thing? I completely fail at this. I will read 4 books before I get the urge to write even one review of the ones I have read recently. I have always been more of a talker than a writer so writing reviews tends to get pushed to the side.

4.Classics! I've always been the person to want to read more classics....but the actual reading of the classics hardly ever is attempted. More recent or newly released books with tons of hype get more of my attention.

5.Now with the same theme, "YA Classics". Those books that everyone and their granny has read but I am still on the first book. To name a few... Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, the Uglies, TMI and a couple more.

6.I am a terrible series finisher! I have more than enough series where I only have the last book or last two in a longer series that I have to finish. I think it's my fear of the story not concluding like I would like it to.... Mockingjay...(cough)... Allegiant.... (cough cough). I really don't like to be disappointed or left on a less than perfect note so I tend to not finish to prevent this.

7.I tend to get behind on the reading a book and then going to see the movie adaptation. For example, Perks of Being a Wallflower, TFIOS, and a couple others. It's not that I don't want to see the movies, I just haven't gotten to the book yet and by the time I do the hype and excitement for the book has passed. The one exception where I cheated is with Harry Potter and those movies... opps. :)

8.My reading goals progress is laughable... seriously. Every year I make specific goals that I want to try to complete and every year I seem to get worse at completing them. Goodreads, 2014 Challenges, Personal reading goals. I have a couple ideas to help this like Reading Sprints, Joining book clubs, and possibly buddy reads. Maybe these will give me the motivation I seem to need to actually complete all my challenges this year... also less Netflix could help!

9.I seem to be partial to almost every genre EXCEPT contemporary! The amount of contemporary books I've read can be counted on my hands. It's that bad. But I actually don't mind contemporary books, I just seem to go for the books with more action in them than a contemporary with a cute romance. But I am planning to read more contemporary! Any suggestions?

10.Lastly, I am a booktube/book blogger stalker...not really but kind of. I really need to be more active on the blogs or channels I visit. I tend to read and go or watch and go, and I really should like or comment more often than I do. Leave some of your favorite bloggers/booktubers in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out!

What are some of your Blogging/Bookish Confessions?

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about reading books that I own! New books definitely trump the ones that I already have, but then my old books keep getting older... :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I keep trying to read the ones I have but the newer ones that everyone is buzzing about get my attention more unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. I'm not good about reading my own books either. In fact, I often buy books and forget I even have them. Crazy! I'm also not much for the classics. Most just don't keep me engaged enough. Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you're definitely not alone! I always read other books before my own, and with classics I like the idea of having read them more than actually reading them. Most aren't as action-packed as I would like them.

      Delete
  3. It's really hard for me to finish a series when it takes to long for the sequels to come out. If I have too much time between books I have to reread the books so that my memory will kick in and I won't be staring at a page not understanding why something's happened. The only series I never had this problem with was Harry Potter, but those were the books that got me into reading and I read the whole series a minimum of once a year.

    Rebecca of Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is also a great point, I agree! When it takes so long for the next books to come out I have forgotten all that has happened. And since I am not the kind of person to reread, I tend to move along to others leaving all the sequels on my forever long tbr list. :( ....but waiting and then binge reading solves this for me!

      Delete

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!