Monday, June 8, 2015

Tag: Reading Habits

So recently I searched Book Tags on YouTube and my interest immediately sparked as I love to watch them. With that being said, I figured I would start doing a couple a month on here for funzies. This one is an old one, also if you would like to see the creator and her video the link is here.

Let's get started!

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
 - I mainly read in my bed or in a comfy couch or chair.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
 - Random piece of paper, I always end up losing my bookmarks or they'll get damaged and I toss them. I really like using paper clips or post-it notes and the occasional receipt or corner of notebook paper.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
 - I usually find that I give myself book checkpoints! I'll either read a certain amount of pages or read to a chapter nearest to 1/4 or 1/3 or the book. (I hope that made sense!) If I can't do that I'll try to find a stopping point at the end of a scene at least.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
 - COFFEE, and more COFFEE :) ooooh and chocolate too, yes chocolate!

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
 - I prefer to read with the TV on low in the background in my room, just so that it isn't completely silent. Otherwise when I used to read in school, I could stand to have my headphones in with my music on low too.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
 - Several at once.... but I'm trying to commit myself to one at a time, so I can make sure my stories don't run together. (especially if I'm reading books with similar themes at the same time)

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
 - I really only read at home now, or in my dorm room while I'm at college.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
 -Both. If I'm alone I'll occasionally read out loud for a little while. Otherwise I'm reading in my head the majority of the time, especially if I want to read faster or if the book gets really good!

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
 -Unfortunately... guilty of both! It's really a bad habit that I need to get out of doing! If I get too anxious or excited to see what's going to happen to a certain character or in a certain scene, I'll look a couple pages ahead to see if I see their name or see what happens next. Also if the story is excruciatingly slow, then I'll only read the dialogue and skim the rest until its bearable.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
 - With hardcovers you can't tell after one read and after you put the dust jacket back on, so I'm not so concerned with those. But regular paperback books, out of habit and the way I hold my book when I read, I usually don't have too many broken spines. With mass market paperbacks, a broken spine is inevitable.

11. Do you write in your books?
 -I've never felt comfortable writing in books so I don't do it. Even with my school textbooks, usually highlighting is good enough for me.

12. Who do you tag?
 -I tag anyone who wants to do this tag! I know this is an older one but it's really quick and simple, so if you haven't done it feel free to do it and let me know you  posted so I can check your answers out! 


Happy Readings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!