Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (TTT, #20)


 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.



This week's post is:

Top 10 New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

In no particular order...

 1. Tammara Webber (Easy)
This author was one of those authors whose book I wanted to read for a very long time. The hype for this book when it came out was enormous and rightfully so, I really enjoyed this book as well as Tammara's writing style!

2. Rae Carson (The Girl of Fire and Thorns)
This was definitely a book and author I was not sure that I would like. With me being a cover whore, I based my liking on what I saw from the front cover.... lesson learned don't ever do that.... I was surprised by this book and its plot! I will definitely read more from this author in the future.

3. Charlaine Harris (Dead Until Dawn)
I would really like to get the next book in the Sookie Stackhouse series! I am a fan of this author now, I flew through this book and cannot wait to read more from her soon.

4. Jennifer L. Armentrout (Obsidian)
 I have only read Obsidian so far and I LOVED it! I just found out recently that this first book was on Amazon for free so I figured what the hell let's try it out. I need to buy the rest of her books ASAP, I now see why people will read anything she puts out.

5. Abbi Glines (The Vincent Boys)
As I ventured into reading New Adult, I started with this book and author. I can say that I really like her writing style and really enjoyed this book. On to the next book now!

6. Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me)
Ummm.... Tahereh Mafi..... You are now in my Top 5 Favorite Author, I loved her books! I have never read a book as fast as this one. My attention was hooked immediately and I loved every second of reading her books!

7. Jessica Shirvington (Embrace)
I read this author early on in the year and can remember that I liked her a lot. I have not continued with this trilogy yet but I am looking forward to it.

8. Kerstin Gier (Ruby Red)
 So this is the most recent author that I have read this year. I had her books sitting on my shelves for some years now and finally got around to reading her first book last month. I am very much interested in her writing and storyline and hope to get to her others soon.


9. Susan Ee (Angelfall) 
Since I read this book, I have been wanting to read more of Susan Ee. I really like the plot and how the story ended, it left me wanting more of her writing. I look forward to reading more from her next year.

10. Sophie Jordan (Uninvited) 
This author surprised me, I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did. I really liked the concept of having a killing gene and like where she took the story. I have yet to read more from her, but next year will definitely have to be the year of sequels!

What Are Some of Your New-to-You Authors That You Read in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!