Thursday, January 8, 2015

Prophecy of the Sisters


 Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1)

 Author: Michelle Zink
Series: Prophecy of the Sisters, #1
Pages: 343
Challenge: Goodreads Challenge 2014
Genre: Paranormal
Acquired: Bought
Rating: ★★


*****

Goodreads Summary:



An ancient prophecy divides two sisters--one good, one evil.
Who will prevail?
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, they find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

  *****

 My Thoughts:

Within an ancient prophecy twin sisters, Lia and Alice are pitted on the opposite sides of good and evil. Soon after both sisters and their younger brother are orphaned, Lia finds a strange tattooed marking on her wrist. Soon after they are all launched into a world of secret texts, symbols, witchcraft, and angels and demons. While one sister is tasked with saving the world from evil, the other is destined to destroy it and let evil prevail.

Told in Lia's POV, she is a sweet, young girl who tries to unravel the secrets of her past as well as the mystery of the age old prophecy that she and her sister are now involved in. I really liked Lia's character and personality. She was the more cool, calm, and collected sister; she took everything in stride (which was a bit weird because I would have definitely driven myself mad if a bomb like having to potentially try to save the world had been dropped on me!).

Other characters like Sonia and Luise were very different while being similar at the same time. I like their connection to the prophecy (which I figured out before hand so go me :D) as well as Aunt Virginia. I will say though I am still wary about James and his potential involvement (Lia's boyfriend) I just get the suspicion that there is more to him buuuuuttttt I could be reading way to much into it. Also the vague and mysterious beast demon trying to escape the Void or Plane.... I really want to know more about him too. (Even the bad guys need stories and attention too haha)

Back to Lia..... I liked that she developed throughout the book into a stronger, more capable character to rival her sister. I like that she knew that she had a goal and purpose to accomplish and that she was clever enough to find clues and try to connect the dots with the help of Luisa and Sonia.

I was pleased that this book was different from what I expected. Originally bought the book because I had seen it around and heard about it a while ago, but I didn't have high hopes or expectations in the storyline or being engrossed with the characters and their involvement in the plot.... Let's just say that I am happy I decided to randomly pick it up and give it a try!

My favorite scenes were when Lia understood and discovered more about her mother. Also finding out the significance of the keys was another favorite scene(s). What did I like most? The mystery of everything and the truth about Lia and Alice. What did I like least? The Henry scene. :((((((( the feellllllssss!

I was kept guessing throughout the majority of the book while occasionally being hit with clues to figure out the mystery along with the characters. The plot was cool with the different take on angels and demons and good and evil and how they coexist or are connected to the regular world in the book. Also the traveling the plane aspect was interesting as well. Ending? I was satisfied; it set up the next book with no cliffhanger, but the reader is still left (or at least I was) with an interest to read the next book to see what happens.

Cover: 6/10
Rating: 4/5
Recommend to: Those who like mystery, angels/demons, twin sisters with two different fates and prophecies.


If you have read this book, let me know your thoughts below!!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!