Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (TTT, #25)


 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.



This week's post is:

FREEBIE: Top 10 Bookish Pet Peeves

In no particular order...
The post where I rant a bit! These are Pet Peeves after all!

1. Dog Earring
Or I have seen something even more terrible.... the bending of the ENTIRE page in half.... excuse me while I struggle to breathe.... (not really)... but let me introduce you to my friends the bookmark, gum wrapper, scratch paper, paper clip, headband, and dust jacket flap. :)

2. When People Borrow and Don't Return in Same EXACT Condition
I love to share great books I've read to friends so that they may be graced with the amazing-ness of some books....BUT.... by no means may you return said book with water damage, coffee/drink/food stains or chip fingerprints, bent covers, torn pages, or the equivalent of being thrown into mid-day LA traffic in the middle of a sandstorm or hurricane.... too much?... well you get the idea! Haha ;)

3. Writing in Books/ Highlighting
I hate this with a passion. It makes me cringe. There are sticky tabs that do the trick just as well. Sticky tabs are the answer my friends!!

4. Mixed Matched Covers/ Heights
THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS gahhhh lol.... nothing more.

5. Cover Changes Mid Book Series
This makes my eye twitch!! I have a handful of books where I have the books in different covers. (Shatter Me, Immortal Beloved, Anna and the French Kiss..... etc.)

6. Hardcover Books Without Dust Jackets
Self-explanatory haha naked books.... not my thing... UNLESS... the spine underneath is gorgeous on its own.

7. Girl in a Dress on Book Cover

The One (The Selection, #3)The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)Evertrue (Everneath, #3)Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1)Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)

Should I keep going... These are just some of the most popular ones from 2014. Although all these are done tastefully, I hope this year we give another trend a chance. :)

8. Book Hype that Doesn't Live Up to Expectation
I really don't like when a book is Hyped Up So Hard and everyone wants to read it because of popularity.....but then the book falls flat to the majority. I love when the hype is deserved and the book lives up to expectation but all too soon another book is put in the spotlight and on everyone's shelf, but sometimes the book can't live up to its own hype.

9. Stickers on Books
..... no comment.... sigh

10. Changing Mind Due to Popular Opinion
For example, the Twilight series. I have seen people trash and stomp all over these books BUT.... did you read ALL the books too? Yeeeahhhh. Lol I find it hilarious when people say that they hated this series but read every syllable and word from every book start to finish! Normally when you hate a book you don't finish it or the others in the series. It's okay to like what you like, but now as popular opinion may have it people say that those were terrible books with a terrible plot and characters. I can honestly say that Twilight got me back into reading when I was in middle school, and I really enjoyed them when I read them all those years ago!.... rant over :)

What Are Your Picks?

4 comments:

  1. Great list. I share so many of these. Especially 1-4! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty cool list! (:
    I agree with you on most of these. The dog earring is something that really bothers me, especially if you combine it with the second thing on your list. I've had friends return books to me, with dog eared pages everywhere. I was a tiny bit furious (just a bit...)
    The only exception I have for writing in books are my textbooks - they are the only book I will ever write in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I agree and the same has happened to me with friends returning books dog eared or with bent pages haha. And Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Happy Reading.

      Delete

Hey guys! I love reading comments so don't be shy and leave a comment if you would like. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!